How did I do? Glad you asked.
- I reduced the debt from 37% ($8.4T) of GDP today to 13.5% of GDP ($3.0T) in 2018.
- I delayed the time when the government will run out of money to fund programs from 2033 until sometime after 2070.
- I shrank the size of the government from 20.0% of GDP today to 18.4% of GDP in 2018.
- I improved the budget from a several-trillion-dollar deficit today to a surplus of more than $6T in 2018.
- Cap and limit carbon emissions.
- Limit the Bush tax cuts to only the needy.
- Cut military spending by 10%.
- Eliminate pork barrel projects.
I'm all for tax cuts, but not when the government is $37T in debt. I think that paying down the debt is more important than keeping a few more dollars in the rich's pockets. We've been playing a dishonest game of spending more than we make for a long time, and it's time to bite the bullet and own up.
If you haven't played, give it a whirl. You might learn a thing or two. I sure did.